Shockwave, also known as Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy, is a relatively new method of treating musculoskeletal problems in Singapore.
Employing a high energy acoustic wave, shockwave induces neovascularisation (new blood vessel growth) and tissue regeneration, thereby treating many pain conditions.
Although it is not usually a first choice modality for pain relief, when suitably applied, shockwave therapy gives very good results when other treatments are not suitable.
Conditions it is used to treat include:
* plantar fasciitis (foot pain)
* achilles tendinopathy (heel pain)
* hip pain
* knee pain
* lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
* rotator cuff tendinitis(shoulder pain)
* myofascial trigger points (body aches and muscle pain)